Thursday, March 24, 2011

Walker at Minnesota Wire Rally

I did make it to the rally to meet Walker in Eau Claire. There were about 150 protesters there. No supporters were rallying. I didn't bring my camera, so I have no pictures - sorry.

A school field trip was scheduled at the same time that Walker was to be there. The bus driver and teacher chaperones didn't look too happy about that situation, but they gave us a thumbs-up. The kids didn't look too thrilled either -- but it was Minnesota Wire.

We joked about Walker calling in the kids so he could use them as human shields, but Walker sneaked out the back like he always does. But Walker is a lost cause, we got the most important thing - MEDIA COVERAGE!

[I'm in those pictures, or at least my sign is: Shared Sacrifices ~ Public Workers - PAY CUTS | Poor & Elderly - CARE CUTS | Corporations & Wealthy - TAX CUTS]

No comments:

Post a Comment